2013/06/25

All Ist Gut

Honey flows in my veins right now. (But I haven't written anything in a while so I need to warm up my fingers with some pointless communication activities...)

It's nice to be obligation-free for a while, working at the bar to put away money for future needs and enjoying myself. Soon enough I'll gravitate to the pressure filled corridors of work experience and university halls; straightening my back to imaginary measuring blocks. What doesn't grow, dies.. (who said that?)

It was a great term in Denmark and I've made friends who's impressions are still making me happy and excited simply knowing that they are somewhere in the world, doin' da' thang. Some following the controversy, stirring up social storms and shaping stories out of dust, some back East starring in musicals on Russia's Broadway and a few restless travellers most likely still in transit, searching, searching, searching.

Best new word learnt this week: seditious: "inciting or causing people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch"

This week unleashed an amazon of complaints directed at my University and especially the journalism department. I agree to a certain extent that organisation is poor and that they struggle to keep up with the speed of change within journalism and its job market. Teachers are guillotined, an exam was dismissed and the third year optional courses were all made unavailable in favour of a new set of unexplored options. The whole department gives impression of a manic washing machine chucking out desperate measures with intense centrifugal force. But let's not get metaphorical. They are doing as well as they can and I wouldn't let my future be decided by them. I hate the way many in my class are playing the blame game and wallowing in self-pity and criticism. If there are two camps, those who do and those who complain...you know where I drill my flag.

Apart from considering what modules to choose for next year I'm generally enjoying myself with runs along the canal, shopping, meeting up with long missed friends and family and dancing to this amazing tune.



On Monday my internship at the BBC starts. I'm excited to see it from the inside but I don't have any smart casual clothes to wear so I need to work on that...

No comments: